Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to school

RJ's first day of Kindergarten and Jackson's first day of 2nd grade went off without a hitch. RJ says he had a great day. He has two good friends in his class so I think that gave him some confidence. He told me he was mean to a girl wearing a pretty dress. I asked him why. He said he didn't know, but that he wouldn't do it again. He loved the computer lab and lunch. Typical. This morning he told me he wasn't sure if he felt like going today. I told him that part of his life was over, and to get dressed. He skipped off into his room and did what he was told. Nice try...
Jackson announced that he didn't like the Eagles anymore, that he was now a Steelers fan. His new teacher is a Steelers fan. I told him to stop being such a follower, that we are Philly fans through and through. He said ok, and then he made me pick out a yellow and black outfit for school this morning. I asked him why not green and silver, or green and white? He said his teacher would get mad because those are Eagles colors and he doesn't want to get an F. Nice try...

No comments: