Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hump Day!

And what a couple humps we've had to run over! Kids back to school after four days off (always fun), two dentist appointments (cavities discovered), and Ray is off to Jersey for the week so I was pretty much on my own! Thank goodness my parents are still here!
Yes, Jackson has cavities. Note the plural. I was reassured by Dr. Matt that I did everything right. He could tell they have good brushing habits (probably NOT the best flossing habits), but that sometimes cavities are just genetic and inevitable and just happen. As a child, I had horrible cavity-filled teeth so I guess poor Jackson has bad genes teeth-wise. RJ was a bit luckier, with just a shadow of a possible cavity that is just being "observed for now". However, on February 10th Jackson will be in the chair for a while longer, getting things all fixed up. Ray will be home for that appointment:) He is definitely the better parent in situations like a dental visit. I'm amazed at how well the kids did in the dentist's chair though (especially RJ). They really were champs.
Only two more days of school until the weekend!

No comments: