Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Half way through the week...

RJ is a riot. If I had a tape recorder attached to his back, I would make so much money from the things he says. There are so many funny things that come out of his mouth, I can't remember them all. I think the funniest thing recently was when we were in Epcot's Morroco.
RJ: "Mom, what's that smell?"
Me: "That's incense. They burn it so it smells good."
RJ: "Incense? It smells more like nonsense to me."
What four year old says stuff like that???
State of the Union Address tonite. I can name 4 million other things I'd like to do than watch it. But I probably will anyway.
The boys are into two things lately: playing outside and guns. All kinds of guns-loud guns, cap guns, Nerf guns, if it looks like a gun-they're into it. I have come to the conclusion that boys are just born with that natural instinct that draws them to guns because since I was pregnant, I was against my kids playing with toy guns. That has been thrown out the window...and now I even enjoy playing "I'm dead! Revive me!" with them. Jackson and RJ, along with some of the neighborhood kids, enjoy playing cops and robbers with their guns. They run around the houses and pretend to be dead, wounded, etc. It reminds me of when I was little because I did the same things with my neighborhood friends. This is a little piece of childhood that I'm glad my kids are getting to experience in a time where things are nowhere near like they were when I was a kid. So much has been taken from our children in the last 25 years, such as the freedom to roam the block and play freely because of sickos lurking out there waiting to snatch our kids. I love to look across the street into the cul-de-sac and see 8 kids ranging in ages 4-12 playing soccer, hide & seek, kick-the-can and Red Rover together, just like I did when I was little until our parents called us for dinner. It makes me happy about where I live and that I'm able to give my kids those childhood memories that are priceless.

No comments: