Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home at last

Back to reality! No more lazy beach days and late star-gazing nights. Now we're just relaxing and trying to enjoy every last second until school starts...which is happening two weeks from today! The boys and I went school supply shopping already and the only thing that's left to buy is a pair of sneakers for Jackson. They both picked out some new clothes (RJ was surprisingly excited to do this) and they are both actually looking forward to school. We find out who their teachers are this week (even though I already found out from an "insider" who RJ's teacher is) and the teacher meet & greet is next week. RJ will have the same teacher Jackson had for Kindergarten, Mrs. Grace. This will be her 33rd, and last, year teaching. I have mixed feelings about this but it is what it is. Jackson loved her and I'm sure RJ will do great as well. And I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but his BFF and partner in crime is also in his class! Good luck to Mrs. Grace.

My nephew and niece are still in town from Philly but my sister went home Thursday:( We had a great time, and as usual it wasn't enough time. My niece brought a friend with her this time and they've been having a blast. After the beach we took a short trip to my parents' house, visited St. Augustine and hit Disney on the way home. I feel like I've driven all over the state of Florida within the last few weeks. Exhausting. I'm actually ready for some structure and getting back into the swing of things.

No comments: