Friday, May 20, 2011

I think he may be ready

He realizes while he's home playing Wii, building LEGOS, and spending countless hours playing soccer outside, painting, coloring and watching Spongebob that all his friends are at school. Oftentimes he asks if he can go knock on Ella's door, quickly cutting himself off mid-sentence and laughing at himself saying, "oh yeah, she's in school."

Yes RJ. Everyone's in school. Even if part-time. Everyone, that is, except you.



I think he's ready. And no, I don't regret pulling him out of preschool at 5 years old, the year before he starts Kindergarten, "the crucial time", as experts say. Some say it was a mistake, but for RJ (and me) it was absolutely the right decision. He needed this time to do "nothing" and to have some alone time with me, as he's never before had it. I'm so lucky to have been able to stay home with him, to make endless amounts of PB&J's with the crusts cut off, and to have had endless couch snuggles in the morning after we drop Jack off at school. But what I'm most grateful for is that we have the whole summer together before I have to let him go.

No comments: