Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Funday

Closets are being cleaned, flowers are being planted, and hardwood floors are being installed by Handy Manny and the Tools (Ray & his Dad). A roast of pork is being slow-cooked in the crock-pot and some fun friends are coming over for dinner. There is a herd of children outside being loud and playing and enjoying the gorgeous weather. I had a date night with Ray last night and got to sleep in this morning. This is the last week for Jackson's AR testing and then he has a four day weekend. I am about 2 weeks away from a little (much-needed) getaway with a good friend and my other really good friend ISN'T MOVING TO MILWAUKEE.
My husband, the eternal optimist, always tells me to look for the good in things. And people. We had a really crappy couple years and things are finally starting to turn around for us. We've cut our losses (literally and figuratively) and moved on, and the whole time he kept his glass half full. I realized recently that had it not been for his attitude, we probably wouldn't have made it through the hell that was the last year for us. I am so grateful for him.
Life is good.