Saturday, August 21, 2010

This is it!

The last weekend of summer for Jackson! On Thursday night we went and met his teacher. She is a breath of fresh air-literally. She had pictures up on the wall of herself, each one telling a little story about who she is, etc. One of them was her 1st grade class picture. The year was 1994. Seriously. Which means that I had already been out of HIGH SCHOOL for two years when she was in the 1st grade. Which means that she was born when I was in the 8th grade. Enough about that. She is sweet, young, gorgeous, excited, and thankfully shortened her very long, difficult last name to "Ms. J.", which made Jackson breathe a sigh a relief. Some moms I've spoken to are disappointed their kid didn't get Ms. J. this year. So I guess we're lucky;) I think Jackson will have a great year. He is still taking piano, and soccer starts soon. And he's entertaining the idea of Cub Scouts now that he's in 1st grade. Apparently Cub Scouts is a big deal in the South. In New Jersey it was for nerds.
RJ did great his first week back at Montessori. We decided to send him only 3 days this year, since it's his last year before Kindergarten. However, on Thursday he had five shots and stayed out of school Friday on account of he could barely lift his arms. He starts Tae Kwon Do in September and he will be doing soccer as well. He is trying to talk me into letting him do t-ball too but I don't see how it's possible because games are all on Saturdays-oh yeah-and he's not even 5 yet! I think he's really going to be into sports...I've never seen a 4 year old get so excited over an Eagles pre-season game in my life.
Other than that not much going on. We have a pretty low-key weekend planned, other than one birthday party today. But it's next door so we don't have to go anywhere.

No comments: