Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happiness is...SUMMER

You'd think I'd have more time to blog by not working. Come to find out, by not working just means I'm home more...so more time to do laundry, pick up the messes around the house and more dealings with the dog.
The dog...aye. She is so great 80% of the time, but it's hard to remember she's still a puppy. She enjoys snacking on carpets, furniture, dead frogs, and ANYTHING THAT BELONGS TO THE BOYS. She loves to hop in Ray's spot when he gets out of bed in the morning and snuggle with me until I have to get up. She starts her night of sleep under Jackson's bed, and before I go to bed I bring her in our room so she stays out of trouble. She's obsessed with the boys' UGLYDOLLS, and she can tear up a toy within a half hour. I mean shreds the toy until it is nothing and it's in a million pieces everywhere. She loves to walk and run, and as long as I give her at least two good walks per day, she stays out of trouble. By a good walk, I mean at least a mile or two...not so fun in this heat. But it is what it is...I do look forward to the day when I don't have to put her in the crate when we leave the house, but for now...she is not to be trusted whatsoever.
The boys are doing VBS (Vacation Bible School) this week. They are having a blast! I did VBS growing up every summer so it's nice to see them enjoying it like I did. They have a lot of friends with them so it makes it even better. Plus, the three hour break I get in the morning is glorious.
Last week we went to Dinosaur World. Probably the last time we'll ever go to Dinosaur World, too. Although Shannon and I thought it was kinda lame, the kids seemed to like it which is all that matters.
We're keeping very busy with piano lessons, swimming, beach trips and we are probably headed to my parents' house some time next week. Also, next week we get a few days with Lexi! We are very excited about that!

No comments: