Wednesday, February 17, 2010

TGI...W?

Yes, if anything, Wednesday is better than Monday. I woke up this morning to the biggest "palmetto" bug in my laundry room. You and I both know that's a cockroach but whatever...anyway, I sprinted and got the biggest and ugliest shoe that wasn't mine (sorry Babe) to kill it and I missed. It ran under the washer. Now it's probably under there multiplying and there is nothing I can do. Bugs are horrible. Cockroaches are the worst.
Less than two weeks before the Gasparilla half marathon! I am excited, mostly because I know I can squeeze out 13 miles without dying, unlike the Princess Half last year when I had no idea what to expect. I'm hoping the weather is unlike last year's Gasparilla, which was about 28 degrees and raining. If that's the case, I will not go. Say what you will, I'm just not that dedicated to the race. Cold I can handle. Cold and wet I cannot.
Speaking of cold and wet, my poor sister in Philadelphia. So much snow! And it won't stop. She said it's so cold it's not able to melt at all. I am grateful for the 56 degrees everyone else is complaining about. At least we aren't racing to Publix for bread and milk like the Northerners are every day. Secretly though, I am daydreaming about the beach. It shouldn't be too much longer now. Maybe a month or so at the very most.
School is going fine. The days are flying by, despite the craziness that fills them. A little less than 4 months of school left. 7 weeks til Spring Break. I think we are going to try to head North for Spring Break this year. We are talking about driving...yes, 16+ hours in a car with a 4 & 5 year old...good times. I'm sure by the time we get to I-95 we'll be talking about our options of turning around;) Just kidding, they are great car riders. We will try to stop along the way and show them some special places before making it to Jerz. I am looking forward to seeing some friends and family...it's time.
Did I mention 7 weeks til Spring Break?

No comments: