Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nightmare Before Christmas

Forget Tim Burton's version, we lived our own! However, it looks as though we are finally able to wake up from the nightmare. Dad is doing sooo much better. He is still in the hospital but I believe there is a chance he will be discharged tomorrow. From there, he will need to go to a rehabilitation center for a week. He needs to be on IV until January 10th. He looks amazing, especially for someone who was on death's door last week-and no, I'm not exaggerating. All of our friends and family have been amazing (special thanks to my great friend Shannon, Aunt Gina & Uncle Paul, and our neighbor, Charissa for all the help with the kids). I can't tell you how many times I've been to the hospital and back these last two weeks but couldn't have done it without them. And of course, my rock of a husband. I know my mom and dad are going to go home soon, and I know that it wasn't the greatest of circumstances as to why she was here, but I'm so lucky to have had my mom to myself for these last 10 days. Thank God we had each other to lean on.
Anyway, life goes back to normal tomorrow. Back to school, back to work. It's almost a welcome distraction. Little by little we are putting our Christmas away. It's always sad for the boys. It's always bittersweet for me because I just love this time of year so much but such is life!

2 comments:

Vince said...

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Hope he continues to improve- Diane

ThirtySomethingMommy said...

Soooooo glad to hear that your Dad is almost ready for discharge! Ryan keeps asking when RJ and Jackson are coming back so any time...Oh, and I forgot to tell you but Isabella and Jackson had a "wedding" while he was here last week and danced their first dance. All Isabella's idea but Jackson played along for a few minutes.