Friday, November 21, 2008

Get Ready...To Wiggle!


Yep, we're going to yet ANOTHER Wiggles show! We've actually been done with the Wiggles for about a year now (and let me tell you it was a LONG FOUR YEARS that the Fab Four were in our lives). But my girlfriend is hosting a suite at the Forum for work and she invited us so we are going! We've been to two of their shows already and they're actually very entertaining. My favorite moment from a Wiggles concert was when Murray (Red Wiggle) played "Stairway to Heaven" on his guitar for the parents. I guess the boys lost interest after they changed the Yellow Wiggle. Greg, the former Yellow Wiggle, announced about a year ago that he had a chronic-but-not life-threatening illness that would prevent him from going on as a member of the group. They promoted Professor Singalottasonga as the new Yellow Wiggle and Jackson didn't really want any part of them after that. I was a bit sad, but happy that I didn't have to hear them day after day anymore. I guess the four hold a soft spot in my heart because it's really the first show, songs and dancing that Jackson ever watched and interracted over, and really RJ's as well.

The other night at the dinner table Ray and I started singing some Wiggles songs and we got blank stares from the kids. They had NO idea what we were singing. How is that possible? Day in and day out for years we had the Wiggles on, and they just don't remember. I'm sure it will all come back to them tomorrow...but hopefully we won't be pulling the DVDs out again afterward;-)

No comments: